Consider Applying to UMKC Dental School
If the UMKC Dental School is your preference once you have your Bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a career in dentistry, it is good to know that this university likes the prospective students to visit the school frequently. In this way they can get to know you and you can become very familiar with the workings of the university and how you can fit in with the program. For that you have to write a stunning dental personal statement.
The University of Missouri Kansas City Dental School is renowned for the wide variety of programs that it offers in dentistry. This is one of the reasons why so many students apply for admission to UMKC School of Dentistry.
Specific Requirements for Admission to the UMKC Dental School
The first requirement for admission to the UMKC Dental School is that all students must be residents of the state of Missouri. You will have to provide proof that you are a resident of the state when you submit your application. However, there is a special clause that offers admission to residents from the states of Kansas, Arkansas, Hawaii and New Mexico. Missouri residents are considered first, then applicants from the other four states and then applicants from other states and from Canada as well as international students.
At the time of application to the UMKC Dental School you must meet the following requirements:
- 90 credit hours in an undergraduate degree program. As you may assume the program should be related to the on you applying to.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in the Science courses you have completed, as well as DAT score of at least 16.
For the ninety credit hours, applicants are not permitted to have any more than 50 of these from a community college.
List of Documents Needed for Applying to UMKC Dental School
Most institutions including UMKC dental school have peculiar requirements for seeking admission into those institutions especially due to the features of each department. UMKC Dental School programs require the following:
- Filling and submission of UMKC dental school application forms
- Official ACT/SAT test scores for transfer students and freshmen with less than 24 credits
- GMAT/GRE scores
- High school transcript
- Transcript and academic records from college sent officially sealed
- Application fee (non-refundable) of $35 to $50 online or paper application
What to Remember about Applying to UMKC School of Dentistry
Although you meet the minimum requirements for admission to the UMKC School of Dentistry admission is not guaranteed. There is a set number of admissions each year and only the best and the most motivated students get in. You may have exceptionally high grades but if you do not write a perfect dental school personal statement you will not be successful in gaining admission to the UMKC Dental School. The personal statement reveals who you are as a person, why you are interested in dentistry and what you can bring to the program as well as what you plan to get out of it.
DentalSchoolPersonalStatement.com can provide you with the quality writing that is vital to a great personal statement. We know what selection committee of UMKC Dental School looks for in such writing and we have the skills to make the proper word choices to get your points across quite effectively. It is difficult when you must limit the length to one page, but with our help you will be able to accomplish this quite efficiently.
Do’s and Don’ts in Writing a Personal Statement for UMKC School of Dentistry
- Pay more attention to your achievements and areas of strength to increases your chances of standing out of the crowd.
- Add value and ensure to answer all key questions.
- Go straight to the point.
- The essence of the personal statement is to know more about you than the resume and other documents can provide so go personal when writing for UMKC dental school admissions.
- Be precise and concise using everyday words rather than verbose or ambiguous words or phrases.
- Use a personal story or illustration to pass the message succinctly.
- Display or try to show the committee not just telling the story about your experience put it should depict enthusiasm, passion, interests, and aspiration.
- You need to properly check for errors with facts, spellings, grammar and more before submission.
- Edit your work and format according to each institutions requirement to scale through.
- Do give your UMKC School of dentistry personal statement to a second eye or professional to help write an exceptional personal statement.
- Do not make unsubstantiated or generic claims and comment as it can be counterproductive.
- Do not copy another personal statement whether hardcopy or online for your UMKC dental school programs. Because most institutions have access to plagiarism checkers and can spot copied content.
- Do not cook up stories or achievements in the case you are told to prove it or supply evidence of its existence there you get stocked.
- Do not include experiences or activities just to fill the page except it adds value to your overall UMKC School of dentistry personal statement.
- Do not write it as if making a list.
- Avoid the use of the first person singular, ‘I’ repeatedly.
- Avoid the use of clichés.
- Do not leave your UMKC dental school personal statement until the last minute as you could run into murky waters or do a shabby job in a hurry.
Common Questions on UMKC Dental School Interview
The UMKC dental school admissions interview is the only other option to sell yourself besides writing an exceptional personal statement. Now you are meeting the board and faculty members physically. And you need to do it right, stay focused, confident, with strong interpersonal skills, mental alertness, maintain eye contact as well as respond as honestly as possible to these likely questions:
- Please talk about yourself.
- What will you consider the most memorable experience (good and bad) you have experienced in life both related and unrelated to dentistry respectively?
- Have you made any mistake in life before, what is it?
- Why dentistry?
- Why UMKC school of dentistry?
- So, what if you don’t make it through to UMKC dental school admissions?
- If you could re-live your educational life what two things would you love to change?
- How would others describe you?
- In what order will you rank compassion, integrity, and intelligence?
- How well do you relate to others? Show us.
- What do you see as the likely most rewarding experience and challenging experience for you at UMKC dental school programs?
Are you trying to pursue UMKC dental school admissions? Then you have come to the right place for advice and guidance with the entire admissions process. Our team of professionals is always on-ground to guide you through the entire UMKC dental school application process. And this is how we can help:
- We provide you with details about what you need to apply.
- Our professional writers can help you craft a winning personal statement for UMKC School of dentistry.
- We can guide you in preparing for the interview.
- You can access more likely UMKC dental school admissions interview questions and answers.
- You can provide admission statistics with UMKC dental school admissions, enrollment and acceptance rate.
- Provide you with accepting to UMKC dental school personal statement samples.
- More personal statement tips.